- 3 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed or pureed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup So Good™ milk
Sweet potato pikelets
Slightly spiced and perfectly fluffy, these wholesome pikelets are a nutritious treat at home or on the go.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed sweet potato, eggs, and So Good milk. Add Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 mins to thicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium, spray or wipe with a small amount of oil. Scoop generous tablespoons of batter onto hot pan, and cook pancakes 2 - 3 mins each side until golden. Repeat to make approximately 24 pikelets.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. The pikelets are perfect on their own, with yoghurt and fresh berries, or with hummus and avocado.
- Mash can be made using steamed or roasted sweet potato. Last night’s dinner leftovers are perfect for this recipe.
- Add an extra tablespoon or two of milk to thin batter if necessary – consistency can depend on the moisture in your sweet potato mash!