- 2 cups (500ml) So Good™ Unsweetened Coconut and Almond milk
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk (canned variety)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 6-8 peppercorns
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 300g can baby corn, drained, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- 300g soft tofu, cut into cubes
- 1-2 hardboiled eggs, peeled, sliced
- 200g egg noodles
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
Corn, tofu, spinach and egg noodle soup
- Dairy and lactose free
- So Good Almond and Coconut Milks
- Good source of protein
- Good source of calcium
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Low in sodium
A good soup is always great on a cold winters night but a soup with noodles in it is even better! Healthy and warming, this soup uses a great mix of healthy ingredients including corn, tofu, spinnach and egg noodles. This soup is gluten and dairy free making it an awesome dish that hte whole family can love. Made with So Good Unsweetened Coconut and Almond Milk, its ready in 30 minutes making it a great quick and easy dinner option.
- Pour the So Good™ milk, coconut milk and vegetable stock into a saucepan. Add the kaffir lime leaf, lemon grass and peppercorns. Heat on a medium heat and bring to a simmer - do not boil rapidly.
- In another saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for about 2-3 minutes until tender. Add carrot and cook for 5 minutes. Then add corn and tofu. Remove the kaffir lime leaf and lemongrass from the liquids before adding to the vegetables. Simmer for 5 minutes, but do not boil. Add spinach and lime juice and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles. Heat a pan of water and bring to the boil before dropping in the noodles. Boil until tender or as per packet instructions. Drain, set aside.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls, followed by the soup. Top with the slices of hardboiled egg, a spoonful of sweet chilli sauce and a few sprouts.
- Can also be assembled in a jar, ready to take to work or school.
- Any of the nut milks are suitable for this.
Find a recipe
Looking for more?