- 2 whole beetroot
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, sliced 1cm thick on diagonal
- 1 eggplant, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 ½ cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1kg pumpkin, skinned and cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar or glaze
- 6 fresh dates, stoned and quartered
- 100g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 ¼ cup coriander leaves
Baked vegetables with dates and feta
A hearty dish of baked vegetables, perfectly combined with dates, balsamic vinegar and feta, providing a flavoursome accompaniment to any main.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wrap beetroot in foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Put the onions, carrots, eggplant, cauliflower and pumpkin in a large wide shallow baking dish. Add oil and toss so the oil lightly coats the vegetables. Bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven, peel beetroot and cut into chunks. Place the vegetables in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss lightly.
- Place dates and feta on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander.
- Instead of coriander try other herbs like parsley to change the flavour and add variety to this delicious dish.
Find a recipe
Looking for more?