Spice up dinner time with this nutritious and vibrant recipe, rich in fibre and iron.
- 6 coloured capsicums, topped and seeded
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 zucchinis (courgette), finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs parsley
- 5 tbs walnuts roughly chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parsley
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Mix rice, stuffing ingredients, and 1 tbs oil in a bowl.
- Combine all breadcrumb mixture ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Coat the outside of capsicum shells with the rest of the olive oil.
- Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into your shells. Place your capsicums into a lined baking tray covered with foil and cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Top each capsicum with ⅙ of the breadcrumb mixture. Place back into oven for another 5 minutes to brown tops.