- ½ cup green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- ¼ cup fat-reduced cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
Green bean and mushroom omelette
An easy, tasty dish that’s high in protein. Great for a meal on the run or a satisfying start to your day.
- Steam beans in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Combine beans, mushrooms, chives and cheese in a bowl.
- Place eggs and salt in a small bowl, whisk gently with a fork. Heat a non-stick frypan, pour eggs into frypan and allow to cook until the surface of the mixture is firm.
- Place the bean mixture onto half of the omelette. Carefully fold the omelette in half and heat through. Remove omelette from the pan.
- Try an omelette on a fussy eater who doesn't like to eat their vegetables. Finely chop up tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, capsicum, chives, plus any other vegetable you like and disguise in the omelette mix.