- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs soy milk or dairy milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs margarine reduced fat, melted
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate bits
- icing sugar, for dusting
A large celebration, or casual morning tea? These brownies are great for bringing friends and family together.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place eggs and sugar in a medium mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Place cocoa in a small bowl and blend with soy milk, oil and margarine. Fold into the egg mixture then fold in flour and choc bits.
- Place into a prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool in tin then cut into 16 pieces and dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Use stencils to create shapes or patterns with the icing sugar. Get the kids involved and making their own stencils as a fun holiday activity.