- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 3 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 18 milk or dark chocolate buttons
Weet-Bix™ Chocolate Thumbprints
Not just for Christmas — these soft biscuits with a special chocolate centre are easy and fun to make.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line two flat trays with baking paper.
- Beat margarine and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Add flour and stir well, then fold through the crushed Weet-Bix™.
- Place rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Lightly press a wet finger into the centre of each biscuit, then place a chocolate button in the indentation.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden. Cool on tray for a minute before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- You can replace the dark chocolate buttons with milk or white chocolate, or fill the indentations with a spoonful of jam before baking.