- 450g instant brown rice
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 200g small cup mushrooms, sliced
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bunches baby choy sum, stems chopped, leaves separated
- 100g sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbs tamari
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 medium chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced (optional)
- Dairy and lactose free
- Good source of protein
- Excellent source of dietary fibre
- Good source of iron
- Good source of calcium
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
A subtle combination of sweet and spicy ingredients brings a unique flavour to this easy stir-fry. High in iron and fibre, it’s nutritious and great for a quick meal or entertaining friends.
- Cook brown rice following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok until hot. Add onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until just tender. Add mushrooms and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add choy sum stems. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add choy sum leaves, sugar snap peas, stock and ginger. Toss until combined. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Toss through tamari, cashews and chilli. Serve with brown
Find a recipe
Looking for more?