- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs light cream
- 1 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- 600g sweet potato (kumara), cooked and mashed
- 6 slices eggplant, chargrilled and cut in half
- 6 slices capsicum, chargrilled and cut in half
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g yellow grape tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, shaved (to garnish)
- basil leaves (to garnish)
Sweet potato tart with grilled vegetables
This fresh and vibrant tart will brighten up the table at any special occasion.
- Place 2 sheets of shortcrust pastry overlapping slightly on the bench, lightly roll to combine joins. Spray a 24cm round tart tin and line with pastry, trim and prick the base. Cover with baking paper filled with pastry weights or rice. Cook in a moderate oven, 180°C for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until golden.
- Mix ricotta, cream and parmesan to make ricotta mix. Line the tart with sweet potato (kumara) mash and ricotta mix.
- Arrange eggplants and capsicum in a fan shape. Top with tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes or until heated through.
Serve garnished with basil and shaved parmesan.
- Crumbled feta cheese would also make a nice topping to this recipe.