- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini (courgette), diced
- 1 bunch broccolini, (or broccoli), chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups (100g) english spinach leaves, sliced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
Stir-fried brown rice and vegetables
High in fibre and a source of iron, this tasty dish is a great healthy choice for dinner.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frypan over medium heat. Cook onion and carrot for 5 minutes until just starting to colour. Add garlic, ginger, zucchini (courgette) and broccolini. Cook for 5 minutes or until slightly soft but still crunchy. Add cooked rice, spinach, sauces and lime juice.
- In a separate dish, lightly whisk the eggs. Move the rice and vegetables to the side of the frypan to create space for the eggs. Drizzle in sesame oil and pour in the whisked eggs, allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir rice, vegetables and egg together. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Vegetarian oyster sauce is usually made from mushrooms and can be found in some asian grocers and larger supermarkets. You may also find it labelled as ‘mushroom oyster sauce’ or ‘vegetarian stir fry sauce’.