- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 350g firm tofu, chopped
- ¼ cup whole pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
Spanish scrambled tofu
This Spanish inspired quick and easy egg substitute recipe is an awesome breakfast for Vegans or those looking to reduce the intake of eggs in their diet. Turmeric gives it a yolk-yellow colour and the crumbled tofu gives it a similar texture to scrambled egg. It is protein packed and a great fuel for your body.
- Heat oil in a frypan and saute garlic, onion and capsicum until soft.
- Add tomatoes, chilli flakes and turmeric and saute for 1 minute. Place chopped tofu in a food processor and process until mixture is evenly crumbled.
- Add tofu, olives and spinach to pan and mix through.
- Season with yeast flakes and salt. Serve with toasted sour dough.
- Savoury yeast flakes are a nutritional yeast food that has been fortified with some B vitamins and have a strong cheesy flavor. They are available in health food stores.