- 2 cups (500ml) So Good™ Regular soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or half a vanilla bean pod
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tbs maize cornflour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
Soy milk custard
Are you tired of not being able to eat custard because its not Dairy free? Now you no longer need to worry. Every day custard is a crowd favourite but this Soy Milk Custard will blow your mind and become the new favourite for everyone who tries it. It goes great with all kinds of cake, pies, puddings, porridges or even if your feeling a little naughty straight from the glass. Made using So Good Regular Soy milk, this custard is silky smoothe making it have the exact same texture and taste as Dairy custard. This Dairy free delight will make you constantly want more and you don't need to worry because it's super healthy!
- Pour So Good™ soy or slmond milk into a saucepan and add the vanilla bean paste or vanilla bean pod.
- Heat over a medium-high heat, stirring, until just below boiling point. Whisk together egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a bowl. Gradually pour the hot milk over the egg yolks and whisk with a balloon whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mix back into the saucepan and stir over very low heat until thickened.
- Serve with fresh or stewed fruit such as apple, tamarillo or rhubarb.