- 4 capsicums
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 small pizza bases (100g per 1 small pizza base)
- 1 cup commercial pesto
- 200g low fat feta
- 1 cup rocket
Roasted vegetable pesto pizzetta
These pizzas are spread with pesto that adds a vibrant colour and flavour to them. Pesto is an excellent alternative to traditional tomato sauce in this recipe. Give these pizzas a go, you will not be disappointed.
- Place whole capsicum on a lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 30 minutes or until charred and blistered. Remove from oven and place in paper bag to cool.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl with vinegar and oil. Toss well. Arrange on a lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 10 minutes or until they begin to soften. Remove from oven.
- Remove skin from capsicum and cut into slices.
- Spread pizza bases with pesto and arrange capsicum, tomatoes and crumbled feta on top.
- Place pizza bases on tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 20 minutes or until crust is crisp. Serve topped with fresh rocket. Makes 12 mini pizzas.
- When you are time poor, purchase pre-roasted capsicums and tomatoes from the deli.
- Use either homemade or commercial pesto in this recipe.