- 1 medium sweet potato (kumara), thinly sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbs fresh dill
- 4 wraps (or lavash bread)
- 2 fresh beetroots, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup rocket leaves
Roasted sweet potato and beetroot wraps
A gourmet lunch the whole family will enjoy. Why not try them at your next family picnic?
- Toss sliced sweet potato (kumara) in oil. Place on a baking tray in a hot oven, 200°C, for 20 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Combine ricotta cheese and dill.
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese over wrap, then top with sweet potato (kumara), beetroot, spring onions and rocket.
- Roll up firmly and wrap in lunch wrap to eat later.
- If you are short on time, you can microwave the sweet potato (kumara) in a covered dish for around five minutes, or until soft. Allow to cool a little before making the wraps.