- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 tsp moroccan spice
- 1 1/2 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup pinenuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup currants
- 2 tbs finely chopped mint
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs oil
Moroccan couscous cakes
The Moroccan ingredient combination of lemon, mint, nuts and dried fruit add a fresh and zesty flavour to the couscous. These easy to make patties are a prefect BBQ or brunch option.
- Place couscous, moroccan spice in a heatproof bowl and add boiling stock. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Separate couscous grain with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, except oil. Mix well.
- Using a lightly oiled quarter cup measure to form mixture into cakes.
- Heat oil in a large frypan or barbecue plate. Add cakes and cook for 4 minutes then turn and cook other side another 4 minutes. Serve with salad greens
- Using a quarter cup measure to form patties results in evenly sized and shaped patties. If you desire larger patties use a third or even a half cup measure.