- 4 large starchy potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 6 free-range eggs, beaten
- 4 tbs plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1-2 tbs Marmite™
- 1 tbs chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbs parsley, fresh chopped
- 3/4 cup Edam cheese, grated
- To serve, cherry tomatoes & baby spinach leaves.
Marmite and potato frittata
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Parboil potatoes in salted water until just tender for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Heat an over proof fry pan or cast-iron dish with olive oil. Add onions and cook until lightly browned. Add the drained potatoes and stir well.
- Mix the eggs, yoghurt, fresh herbs and Marmite™ together. Season with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix the egg mixture into the cooked potatoes and onion. Push down to settle in the dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place oven-proof fry pan or dish in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before turning out of pan or taking slices out. Use a knife to run around the edge of the dish, to release the frittata.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes and baby spinach leaves.