- 1 ¼ cups dried dates, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup soy flour
- ⅓ cup potato flour
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
Ginger date loaf
This moist loaf is a perfect healthy mid-morning snack to keep you going until lunchtime.
- Place dates, water, margarine and sugar into a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat and boil gently for 2 minutes or microwave on high 100% for 4 minutes. Add ginger and allow to cool.
- Stir through beaten egg. Sift flours and baking powder together and fold into date mixture. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased and lined 12cm x 22cm loaf tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 50 minutes. Cool before slicing.
Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.