- 500g frozen broad beans
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce, reduced-salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roasted
- ½ cup parsley leaves, torn
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
Chickpea and broad bean salad
A light, fresh salad packed with the natural goodness of beans, peas, nuts and greens, it’s rich in fibre, protein and iron and bursting with flavour.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add frozen broad beans, stir once and remove from heat. Let sit for 3 minutes, then drain and refresh under water. Drain again and slip off the grey skin from each bean.
- Combine onion, spices, oil, soy sauce and lemon juice and mix well. Add chickpeas and peeled broadbeans and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Mix in the nuts and the herbs just before serving.
- This tasty and fresh salad can be kept in a well-sealed container for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Broad beans can replaced with an equal quantity of shelled edamame beans.