- 1 tbps oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp madras curry paste
- 2 tbsp no added salt tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 750g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 litre reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups frozen edamame (soybeans)
Cauliflower and edamame dhal
Bring the fragrant spices of India and the goodness of legumes to dinner with this hearty plant based meal. Check out our tips for eating seasonally this winter.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Explore our collection of over 500 healthy, dietitian approved recipes and subscribe to Recipe of the Week for free weekly recipe inspiration!
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic until onion is soft.
- Stir through curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, lentils, carrot, cauliflower and stock.
- Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add edamame and heat for 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Can be served with cooked brown rice or naan bread.
- Frozen green peas can be substituted for the edamame beans. Frozen edamame beans (without the pod) can be purchased from Asian supermarkets.