- 4 medium desiree potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup So Good Regular soy milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 240g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 300g mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced or separated into clumps
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 200g green beans
Borlotti bean mash with mushrooms
Garlic and bean mash serves as a superb base to this tasty dish. A great answer to the question “What’s for dinner mum?”
- Microwave potatoes on high for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes with the garlic, So Good and nutmeg, until smooth.
- Mash in the borlotti beans, leaving some of the beans whole for texture.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan. Saute the onion for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften and brown.
- Add mushrooms and salt and cook for another 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are just beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in the microwave for 4 minutes or until just tender. Serve the warm mash topped with green beans and mushrooms.
- Serve as a meal on its own, or as a tasty side to your favourite main.