- 1/2 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup self raising white flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup So Good Almond milk Unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil, extra
- To serve, sliced banana, slivered almonds & a drizzle of maple syrup
Banana and pear hotcakes
Banana and Pear hotcakes are a great addition to Sunday Brunch. Ready in 30min these little cakes are easy to make and are dairy free. They even taste super delicious in a picnic lunch. Made using So Good Almond Milk Unsweetened, these little cakes are something the whole family will fall in love with. Perfectly golden on the outside with just the right amount of crunch, the inside is delightfully soft and tender creating a scrumpcious little morsel.
- Place flours & almond meal in a large bowl.
- Combine vanilla, syrup, oil, banana, pear, eggs and almond milk in a medium jug.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Lightly grease pan with extra oil and drop 1/4 cup of mixture into pan. Cook until golden and bubbles appear.
- Turn and cook on other side. Repeat with remaining extra oil and mixture. Makes 14 hotcakes
- Make hotcakes in advance for a quick after school snack.