- 3 Weet-Bix™, very finely crushed
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour, plus extra for dusting (163g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond or Soy Milk (125ml)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Baked Pita Chips
Paired with any dip or sandwich topping, these pita chips are perfect for both little hands and big appetites.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F).
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stir well. Add So Good milk and olive oil, and mix until no flour remains. Knead dough in bowl for a minute until smooth, then cover and rest 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto benchtop, dusting lightly with flour if the dough seems at all tacky.
- Roll dough into approximately a 24 x 40cm rectangle. Use a knife or pizza wheel to cut dough lengthwise into 6cm thick strips. Working with one strip at a time, cut in a zig-zag pattern to make triangle-shaped chips. Transfer chips onto prepared trays, and repeat with remaining dough strips.
- Bake 10 minutes for softer pita wedges, or 15 minutes for firmer chips, rotating and swapping trays halfway through. Cool chips on trays. Store pita chips in a sealed container or bag, for up to 4 days.