- 350g dates, stones removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 100ml boiling water
- 100g margarine
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 3 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, crumbled
Weet-Bix™ date flapjack
Serves: 16 pieces
- Soak the dates and sultanas in boiling water for 20-30 mins, until softened. Drain away excess water.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- Melt the margarine, then add the honey and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients, including the Weet-Bix™.
- Press half the mixture into the prepared tin. Spoon over the date and sultana mix, spreading out evenly. Top with the remaining Weet-Bix™ mixture. Press down firmly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in oven at 180°C for 30-35 mins or until golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container.