- 4 x Sanitarium Weet-Bix™, crumbled
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled, grated
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1/2 cup pepitas or pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- To serve: side salad, unsweetened plain yoghurt with snipped chives and lemon wedges
Weet-Bix, beetroot, zucchini and feta fritters
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- Snacks And Slices
- Quick and easy
- Soy free
- Nut free
- Good source of protein
- Low in sugar
- Low in sodium
Yummy colour on a plate! This easy, healthy Weet-Bix™ beetroot, zucchini and feta fritters recipe is one you can get the kids in the kitchen to help make.
- Crumble the Weet-Bix™ into a large bowl. Add the grated zucchini and beetroot.
- Add the pepitas, feta cheese, and spring onion. Season to taste. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Stir in the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Heat a heavy-based, non-stick frypan on a low heat. Spray with a little spray oil. Cook the fritters in batches. Drop each spoonful of mix into the pan and cook on one side for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Place the fritters on a baking tray and place in a warm oven while cooking the remaining fritters.
- Serve the fritters with a side salad, and top with yoghurt mixed with chives and lemon wedges.
- Sanitarium Gluten-free Weet-Bix™ makes a great substitution for a gluten-free diet. Substitute the self-raising flour for rice flour and a spoonful of gluten free baking powder.
- Can also be made using vacuum packed beetroot. Smash up the beetroot in the pack before opening and adding to the fritter mix.
- Resist turning the heat up too high as this will burn the outside before cooking the inside.
Find a recipe
Looking for more?