- 1 Vegie Delights Vegie Roast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 whole bulb garlic, sliced in half
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice ( approximately 1 lemon)
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 60g capers
- Black pepper to taste
Vegie Roast with Caper Mint Jus
Celebrating thanksgiving in your household this year? Try a plant-based twist on the traditional meal with this Vegie Delights Vegie Roast with Cauliflower Steaks and Pumpkin Mash. Stacked with nutritious and filling vegetables your guests will be thankful that this is on the table.
- Preheat oven to 160⁰ Remove Vegie Delights Vegie Roast from packaging, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle all over with rosemary.
- Pour vegetable stock and water into a small roasting dish, place mint in the middle of dish, followed by garlic bulb, cut side upward.
- Rest Vegie Delights Vegie Roast on top of cut garlic and place in oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Whilst roasting, steam cauliflower until soft, then blend with lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Once roast is cooked remove from oven, pour stock, mint leaves (remove stems) 50g capers and half the garlic cloves into the blender with 1/3 cup cauliflower puree to thicken it and blend 30-45 seconds to form the jus.
- Spread the cauliflower mash over a serving platter, slice Vegie Delights Vegie Roast and lay onto the cauliflower, drizzle with caper jus, sprinkle with remaining capers and serve with a side salad of crunchy greens.