- 200g punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- olive oil spray
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 220g tub of bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 70g baby rocket
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
Tomato, borlotti bean and rocket salad
A delightfully fresh and colourful salad bursting with flavour and high in fibre. A great salad to complement your favourite main.
- Place cherry tomatoes and garlic on an oven tray and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and shrivelled. Roast garlic for a further 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine borlotti beans, bocconcini cheese, rocket and basil.
- Once cooled slightly, add roast tomatoes and any juices. Combine olive oil, vinegar and mashed roasted garlic in a small bowl. Toss dressing through salad and serve immediately.
- If borlotti beans are not available, substitute other tinned legumes, such as cannellini beans or butter beans.