- 1.5kg sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup white plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
Sweet potato gnocchi
This dairy free gnocchi is made from baked sweet potato. It takes a bit of effort but the end result is well worth it. Perfect winter “bowl food” that will impress family or guests.
Love this recipe? It’s just one of 25 heart-warming and body-loving recipes you’ll find in our Winter Weeknights cookbook. Click here to claim yours now…
- Toss sweet potato and garlic in oil and then arrange on oven tray. Bake in a moderate oven, 180oC, for 30 mins or until tender but not brown. Cool.
- Place cooled sweet potato and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add pureed sweet potato, flours and salt to a medium bowl. Mix well until it's a soft dough.
- Divide dough into thirds. Roll each third into 2cm wide rolls on a floured surface. Cut each roll into 2cm lengths. Repeat until all dough is done.
- Place cut gnocchi onto floured trays and indent with a fork.
- Bring a medium size pot of water on to boil. When boiling gently add 10-15 pieces of gnocchi at a time. When all the pieces of gnocchi have risen to the surface this means they are cooked. Remove and drain.
- Serve immediately with your favourite pasta sauce.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Freeze on baking trays, then transfer to container and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Use either orange or purple sweet potato.