- 500g baby potatoes, skin on
- 340g green beans
- 3 eggs
- 8 kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- ¼ red onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Pepper to taste
Summer niçoise salad
Simple but delicious vegetarian summer niçoise salad with fresh seasonal green beans and a lemon vinegar dressing.
- Boil potatoes until tender, strain and set aside.
- Boil green beans until tender and bright green, strain and set aside.
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, approx. 6 minutes and cut into halves.
- Slice pitted kalamata olives in half.
- Finely slice red onion and submerge in red wine vinegar for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Add baby potatoes, green beans, capers, kalamata olive halves to a salad bowl.
- Make a dressing with 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar from the onion mix, 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, add zest of half a lemon, pepper, finely chopped parsley and dill. Mix together and drizzle over salad and serve.
- Using fresh herbs will enhance the flavours in this summer salad. Fresh green beans will add crunch and texture too.