- 500g ricotta cheese
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 250g punnet strawberries, diced
- yoghurt to serve
Strawberry ricotta cakes
A simple, indulgent treat, perfect straight out of the oven with a dollop of greek yoghurt. Fluffy eggs and creamy ricotta provide a soft, satisfying texture, with lemon and strawberries adding a fresh, vibrant flavour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon rind and half of the strawberries.
- Lightly grease 8 x half cup non-stick muffin holes. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin holes. Bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or cool, with the remaining strawberries and yoghurt.
- Try using lime rind as a substitute to lemon rind for a fresh tangy taste.