- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup neutral oil, i.e. sunflower oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup So Good™ Soy Regular
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely chopped cooking apple (about 2 apples)
Spiced apple cake
This desert takes apple cake to a new level. Spiced Apple Cake is perfect for a dessert or even as a cheeky snack on the side. Made using wholemeal flour, this cake has a great texture and can be served warm or cold. It's great shelf life makes it awesome for fun trips with family and friends.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC fan bake. Line a 21cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, apple sauce, oil and egg. Whisk in soy milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in apple. Pour mixture into prepared tin and level out the surface.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly pressed and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Cake can be served warm or cold. Store in an airtight container in a cool place - it will keep well for 5 days.