- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, toasted
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegetable stock, salt-reduced
- 2 tbs lemon rind
- 400g dried wholemeal penne pasta
Rocket and macadamia pesto pasta
A simple, nutritious and delicious recipe that will quickly become a family favourite.
- To make pesto, place garlic and macadamia nuts in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add rocket, oil, lemon juice and stock. Process until almost smooth.
- Cook the penne according to packet directions. Drain penne reserving 2 tbs cooking water.
- Return hot penne and water to the pan. Add pesto and lemon rind and toss over low heat until well combined. Spoon into bowls and serve with rocket leaves.