- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, chopped, steamed and mashed
- 4 sheets fresh lasagne, cut in thirds
- 500g fresh reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 200g reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tbs pine nuts
Ricotta and pumpkin lasagne
High in fibre and rich in calcium, this variation of an old classic is great for a nutritious mid-week meal, served with vegies or salad on the side.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a non-stick frypan with olive oil spray and saute leek and garlic until soft. Stir through mashed pumpkin. Process ricotta cheese, feta, milk and Italian herbs in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of pumpkin mixture in the base of a 20 x 20 cm baking dish. Arrange four pieces of lasagne over the pumpkin then spread a third of the remaining pumpkin over the pasta.
- Dollop on a third of the ricotta mixture and gently spread with a spoon. Repeat layers two more times.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Enjoy with a crisp garden salad.
- Turn any leftover fresh lasagne sheets into cannelloni. Simply moisten lasagne sheets in some warm water, spoon your favourite cannelloni filling onto the sheet and then roll up into a tube. Top with tomato pasta sauce and bake until cooked through. Spinach and ricotta always makes for a popular cannelloni filling.