- 1.5kg plums, washed, stones and stalks removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup water
- 1.25kg sugar
Treat yourself with this tasty home-made plum preserve, bursting with real fruit flavour.
- Place plums, lemon juice and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently to prevent mixture from catching, until plums are well broken down.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture back to the boil, stirring regularly, and cook until setting point is reached.
- Strain out pips. Pour into warm sterilised jars and seal immediately.
- This recipe produces several jars of jam, depending on size, so plan ahead and stock up on jars in advance.
- Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 10g