- 4 red capsicum
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 690g bottle passata sauce
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts
Pesto zucchini roll up lasagne
Rolling the ingredients in the strips of zucchini to form pinwheels and baking them in a tomato sauce gives a new feel to a family favourite.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Explore our collection of over 500 healthy, dietitian approved recipes and subscribe to Recipe of the Week for free weekly recipe inspiration!
- Place whole capsicum on a lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 30 minutes or until charred and blistered. Remove from oven and place in paper bag to cool. Remove skin from capsicum and slice as wide as the zucchini.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices lengthwise.
- Spread pesto over the zucchini slices, top with a few baby spinach leaves and a slice of capsicum. Roll up.
- Place a small amount of passata sauce in a square ovenproof dish. Arrange zucchini rolls, filling side up, and pour over remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with pinenuts and bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 20-30 minutes. Serve with a green salad. Serves 4.
- Use medium sized thick zucchini as they work the best when rolled up.
- A mandoline on a thin slicing blade cuts these zucchini ribbons beautifully otherwise cut thinly with a sharp knife.
- Great gluten free option.