- 3/4 cup Sanitarium™ Natural Peanut Butter, Crunchy
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbs flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
Peanut butter muesli bars
Muesli bars are so easy to make at home, you’ll be whipping up a new batch each week!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line base and two sides of a 20cm square tin with a strip of baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, flax meal, water and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add oats and chocolate chips (if using). Stir again until ingredients are well combined.
- Scrape oat mixture into prepared tin. Smooth surface with the back of a spoon, or press with a small square of baking paper, compressing into an even layer.
- Bake 12-15 mins until golden on the edges. Cool in pan for 20 minutes then move to a rack to cool completely. Slice into bars with a serrated knife.
- If you cannot find flaxseed meal, you can buy flaxseeds and grind them in a blender
- For a vegan bar, replace honey with golden syrup or rice syrup.
- Substitute 1/4 cup seeds or chopped dried fruit for the chocolate chips