- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini (courgette), grated
- ½ cup canned corn, drained
- ¼ cup low-fat cheese, grated
- ½ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tbs sunflower kernels
Mini vegetable frittatas
A quick, simple and versatile frittata that’s great served with your favourite salad or seasonal vegetables as a quick mid-week meal, or popped in a lunch box as a tasty snack.
- Heat oil in a frypan and saute onion until soft. Place in a large bowl. Add carrot, zucchini (courgette), corn, cheese, flour and salt to the bowl.
- Combine eggs and oil and stir into vegetable mixture.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin pans. Sprinkle with kernels and bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Design your own mini frittatas by using any selection of seasonal vegetables.
- Sprinkle your choice of seeds on top - try sesame seeds or linseeds.
- Keep a frozen drink in your lunch box, next to your mini frittata to keep it cool.