- 300g pack Vegie Delights Vegie Sausages
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ small red onion, ﬁnely diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 wholemeal pita breads
- 2 cups rocket
- Pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 spring onion, ﬁnely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves, ﬁnely chopped
Mexican Black Bean Pita
- Begin by cooking the Vegie Delights Vegie Sausages. Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil. Add the Vegie Delights Vegie Sausages to the pan and cook until evenly browned on all sides. Remove the pan from the heat while you prepare the ﬁlling.
- Place the lime juice, cumin, smoked paprika, red onion, cherry tomatoes, coriander and black beans in a bowl. Toss to combine and season with pepper.
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado, spring onion, lime juice and coriander in a bowl and mash to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the Vegie Delights Vegie Sausages on a diagonal.
- Cut each pita in half and divide the black bean ﬁlling, rocket and Vegie Delights Vegie Sausages between the pitas. Top with the guacamole and serve.