- 4 Gluten Free Weet-Bix, crushed
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes, toasted in oven 140°/10 min
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark choc bits
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, diced
- 3 tbs reduced fat margarine
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup boiling water
Gluten free Weet-Bix cookies
Tasty, gluten free wholegrain cookies for lunchboxes or as an after school snack.
- Mix together Gluten Free Weet-Bix, quinoa flakes, flour, sugar, choc bits and apricots until well combined.
- Place margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and water together then pour into margarine mixture. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Line tray with baking paper and place 1 tbs of mixture per cookie on tray. Bake at 160°C for 15-20 minutes. Cool on trays before serving.
- If you prefer your biscuits chewy, cook them for 15 minutes. For crunchier biscuits leave them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.