- 1 cup dates, pitted (180g / 12 medjool dates)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 x 425g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 4 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate or choc-chips (50g)
Cookie dough bites
Serves: 28 bites
Prep: 15 + refrigeration
- Snacks And Slices
- Kids' health
- Healthy snacks
- Back to School
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Low in sodium
Delicious no-bake cookie dough treats with a secret ingredient - the addition of legumes boost the fibre content.
- Combine dates and boiling water in a small bowl. Leave 10 mins to soak.
- Place drained chickpeas in a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste. Add water from soaking the dates (but not the dates just yet) and blend until the chickpea puree is thick but smooth, scraping sides of the bowl a few times.
- Add dates and almond butter to chickpeas and puree again.
- Remove blade from processor (or transfer to a large bowl), stir through crushed Weet-Bix wheat biscuits and chocolate pieces – mixture should resemble cookie dough. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Scoop dough with a tablespoon and roll into balls. Store in fridge or freezer.
- Almond butter can be replaced with any other nut butter. Or replace with tahini / seed butter for a nut-free treat.
- If you find the dough too soft, scoop onto a tray and refrigerate, then roll between clean hands once cold. Alternatively, stir through an additional half Weet-Bix, finely crushed.
Find a recipe
Looking for more?