- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cobs corn, removed from cob
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs soy sauce, reduced salt
Cauliflower fried rice
This is a great recipe for increasing the amount of vegetables in the family’s meals. It replaces white rice with an alternative source of carbohydrates that’s filled with veggie goodness.
Love this recipe? It’s just one of 25 heart-warming and body-loving recipes you’ll find in our Winter Weeknights cookbook. Click here to claim yours now…
- Cut cauliflower into medium chunks and remove core. Working in batches process cauliflower until it resembles smallish rice grains.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a wok and pour in egg. Cook until set. Remove from heat and thinly slice.
- Heat remaining oil and saute garlic, carrot and corn for a few minutes until vegetables are just tender. Add shallots, mushrooms, peas and cauliflower. Stir fry until vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce and heat through.
- Cauliflower can be grated with a cheese grater if you do not have a food processor.
- Vary vegetables that are in season and which your family prefers for this recipe.