These spiced carrot cake truffles, shaped into Easter eggs and drizzled with chocolate, are delicious fun for the whole family. Looking for more egg-sellent Easter ideas?
Check out this collection of Easter treats
plus our favourite family-friendly activities
that’ll help make Easter that little bit sweeter.
- 3 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped (approx. 240 g)
- 8-10 medjool dates, pitted (140 g)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts (60 g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground ginger, to tast
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (linseed) meal
- pinch salt
- 40 g dark chocolate, melted and just-cooled
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- In a food processor, pulse Weet-Bix and nuts to a crumb – transfer to a medium bowl. Add carrots and dates to the processor and pulse to a rough puree.
- Scrape carrot mixture into the bowl with the Weet-Bix. Add spices, flaxseed, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Use a tablespoon measure to divide mixture into approximately 22 pieces. Roll into egg-shaped bites, place on a lined tray, and refrigerate 30 mins.
- Decorate carrot eggs with chocolate and coconut. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to a week.