- 250g fettuccine
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 brown onion
- 300g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 cups soy milk or dairy milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 large zucchini (courgette), sliced and steamed
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Butter bean pasta
Try this delicious alternative pasta dish using butter beans instead of a traditional tomato based sauce. The beans create a creamy texture that’s low in fat and high in fibre. Made using So Good Soy Milk this quick and easy dish is the perfect option fo rlunch or dinner.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Explore our collection of over 500 healthy, dietitian approved recipes and subscribe to Recipe of the Week for free weekly recipe inspiration!
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet.
- Heat oil in a frypan then saute garlic and onion until golden.
- Add butter beans and stir until heated through.
- Combine flour and milk.
- Place butter bean mixture, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and milk in blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour bean puree back into frypan, add chopped basil, steamed vegetables and salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture slightly thickens.
- Drain fettuccine and stir through sauce. Serve immediately sprinkled with pine nuts.
- Try adding more vegies to this delicious meal; add fresh baby spinach leaves towards the end, or try green beans and peas too.