- 1 sweet potato (kumara), peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- oil spray
- 400g broccoli
- 100g fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
Broccoli and sweet potato couscous
A great tasting meal that’s easy to prepare and good for you! Served as a side dish or light, fresh flavoured meal, it’s high in protein and fibre.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place sweet potato (kumara) onto baking tray. Spray with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Steam broccoli and corn kernels.
- In a saucepan bring stock to the boil. Place couscous in a large bowl and pour 1 cup of heated stock over the couscous and rake with a fork.
- Let the couscous sit for 5 minutes then rake again.
- Mix in broccoli, corn kernels, sweet potato (kumara) and pine nuts. Peel and cut the avocado into 2cm chunks and mix.
- Hand-pick mint leaves and scatter them through the couscous.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and serve.
- You can steam broccoli and corn kernels in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, just add a sprinkle of water and cover.
- Try adding other varieties of seasonal vegetables to create your own unique couscous meal.