- 2 raw beetroot, trimmed, washed and halved
- 1 ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbs tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs vegetable stock
- 3 drops tabasco sauce
A vibrant, versatile recipe that’s simple to prepare and bursting with flavour. Great as a dip for entertaining or a high fibre spread on your favourite sandwich or wrap!
- Microwave beetroot on high for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Slip the beets out of their skin and roughly chop.
- Place beetroot and all of the other ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve as a dip with toasted pita, crackers and fresh vegetables. Serves 6 as a starter.
- Tahini paste is commonly used in Middle Eastern cookery and is made from ground sesame seeds. You can purchase tahini paste in the health food section of the supermarket.
- This hummus recipe is also delicious made without the beetroot. You may find that you need to add another tbs or so of vegetable stock until the desired consistency is achieved.