- 8 regular sized wholemeal tortillas
- 300g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 125g can diced capsicum, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- 425g can Mexe Beans, mashed
- ½ x 300g bottled mild salsa
Quesadillas are the gourmet toasted sandwich of Mexico. Golden and crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. A simple go to meal or snack when you are time poor.
Like this recipe? Then you'll love our collection of simple, healthy and budget-friendly family meals using canned foods, frozen veggies and pantry staples!
- Heat sandwich press or heat frypa41n over medium heat.
- Combine corn, capsicum and onion in a bowl.
- Place a tortilla in the centre of sandwich press or frypan. Spread ¼ cup mashed beans on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ cup corn, capsicum and onion mix over the same side of the tortilla.
- Fold the bare side of the tortilla over the toppings to create a half moon. Cook and flip (if using pan) until browned on both sides. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut quesadillas into thirds and serve with salsa.
- Mexe beans can be found in the Mexican section of the supermarket. This can alternatively be substituted for refried beans or or any tinned beans will work well.