- 150g packet of baby spinach leaves
- 250g punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 1½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
Baby spinach salad with pesto
Enjoy this salad on its own for a light and easy lunch idea, or as an accompaniment to your favourite main.
- Toss the baby spinach leaves and tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
- Process the pine nuts, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss pesto through the spinach and tomatoes. Serve immediately.