- 1/2 cup white plain flour
- 1/4 cup white self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 100g almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup So Good soy milk
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil
- 1 cup pie apple (no added sugar), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 egg whites
Apple blueberry friands
These friands are so deliciously tasty. They are an awesome sweet treat that’s perfect for an indulgent afternoont ea or special dessert. The apple and blueberries work together to provide a burst of flavour and give the firands a moist fluffiness that’s sure to impress any dessert fan and all your dinner guests. Dairy free thanks to So Good So Milk, these friands are so delicious and have a great texture.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray 12 non-stick friand moulds with oil. Cut out oval circles of baking paper and line the bottom of each friand hole.
- Combine flours, icing sugar, almond meal and cinnamon. Add So Good soy milk, oil, apple and blueberries and stir until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and carefully fold into mixture. Spoon into prepared moulds and bake for 25-30 minutes. Sit for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling tray and serve dusted with icing sugar.
- If you don't have friand moulds then muffin moulds are a suitable alternative.