- 11/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup So Good Almond Coconut milk, plus 1/4 cup extra
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lite olive oil spread
- 2 pears, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
Almond pancakes with caramelised pears
This is an indulgent take on a family favourite - fluffy pancakes topped with the sweet, malty flavour of caramelised pears and fragrant toasted coconut.Enjoy more So Good recipes by downloading our FREE So Good Cook Book.
- Combine flour and sugar together in a large bowl. Whisk So Good Almond Coconut milk and eggs together and pour into a well in centre of dry ingredients. Whisk, to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a lightly greased, non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Cook 1/4 cup of batter, in batches, for 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on surface and begin to pop. Turn and cook for another 1 min, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack on a plate, cover and keep warm while cooking pears.
- Melt spread in the same pan on medium. Cook the pears for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the golden syrup and extra Almond Coconut milk and simmer for 2-3 mins, until reduced slightly.
- Stack pancakes on each serving plate. Spoon over pears and top with toasted coconut.
To create an indulgent gluten free treat, simply replace the self-raising flour with gluten free self-raising flour. Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.