Vaccination against influenza (flu) continues to be important this year. Flu Vaccination is our best defence against stopping the Flu!
Our voluntary Flu Vaccination Program 2023 is now live and ready to offer you the best protection we have against the flu.
Please check the table below to find out how to book and receive your free Flu Vaccination depending on your site.
Free flu shot for all your Household Family Members In addition to on-site vaccinations, you and all your household family members can enjoy flu protection for free through the following options:
- Refunds: You and your Household Family Members can choose to attend any pharmacy or doctor and we’ll refund the vaccination cost. Furthermore, if you or your family members have already received a flu shot elsewhere, we will still refund this cost. Click this link if you have workflow or Follow this link to claim this refund through a PDF form.
- Vouchers: Get vaccination vouchers that can be used at participating pharmacies Click here to get your vouchers and for additional information
We will refund the special flu vaccination for people over the age of 65 or those with acute medical conditions, as this is provided only by a doctor or pharmacist. Vouchers and the onsite vaccinations are not available for these vaccinations, but we will still cover the full cost. Please click here to claim this refund or click here to learn more about these special vaccines.
FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2023 - BOOKINGS AND APPOINTMENTS PER SITE
Booking your appointment and receiving your flu shot is easy:
- Find your site on the list and follow the booking link or instructions specific to your site - remember to have your Medicare details handy, where it asks for your Medicare Reference ID, this is the number next to you name on your Medicare card)
- After your online booking, watch out for the confirmation email you’ll receive from “[email protected]”,
- Before going to your appointment, fill in and sign the consent form included in your confirmation email or provided by your BetterU representative, and show it to the Dr or Nurse before receiving your vaccine, and
- No need to wait between having any COVID vaccine and influenza vaccine as they can be given on the same day
- Stay for 15 minutes after your vaccination.
|Site||Shift||Dates||Times||Location||How to book|
|All-State Sales teams including Cafe||Attend any pharmacy or doctor and we'll refund the cost of vaccination or Voucher option|
|BV Factory & BV Distribution||Night|
|Monday 8th May 2023|
Monday 8th May 2023
Tuesday 16th May 2023
Monday 22nd May 2023
|7.00am – 7.30am|
7:30am - 8:15am
2pm - 4:30pm
2:30pm - 3:30pm
|Dr Deons office over at BV Factory (next to BV Factory Reception)||select a time outside your normal working hrs that suit https://www.gobookings.com/au/clients/03242230219671|
|BCMU / Meals Site||ARV|
|Monday 15th May 2023|
Monday 15th May 2023
|1:15pm - 1:45pm|
2:00pm - 2:30pm
|BCMU First Aid Room||Select a time outside your normal working hes that suit https://www.gobookings.com/au/clients/04052268708441|
|Head Office||All Staff||Monday 8th May 2023|
Tuesday 16th May 2023
Tuesday 23rd May 2023
|8:15am - 9am|
1pm - 2pm
11:30am - 1:15pm
|Dr Deon's office over at BV Factory next to BV Factory Reception||https://www.gobookings.com/au/clients/04052246967721|
|SDI/SED||All Staff||Tuesday 16th May 2023||10:00am - 11:30am||CB (SDI) Myuna Bay Meeting room ||https://www.gobookings.com/au/clients/04052244239441|
|Warnervale / Incubator||All Staff||Tuesday 23rd May 2023||2:15pm - 3:30pm||Warnervale First Aid Room||https://www.gobookings.com/au/clients/04052296996711|
|Brisbane Factory||All Shifts||Thursday 18th May 2023||6:00am - 7am|
1pm - 4pm
|First Aid Room||click here to book these ones for Brisbane as this will be done through a Vitality Works nurse |
|Carmel Factory||All Shifts||Friday 19th May 2023||9:30am - 11am||Karel's Office||Click here to book as Carmel Factory ones will be done through a Vitality Works nurse|
|All staff household members||Attend any pharmacy or doctor and we'll refund the cost of vaccination or Voucher option |
SOME FACTS FOR THE ONSITE FLU VACCINATIONS
- Flu vaccinations are voluntary.
- We will use a quadrivalent influenza vaccine called INFLUVAC TETRA , which protects against four of the most common flu strains. If you would like to read the consumer Medicine Information (CMI) for this Please click here
- All COVID-19 vaccines can be given on the same day as the flu vaccine. Click here for further information.
- There is no live virus in the flu vaccine. You cannot get the flu from the flu vaccine.
- People over the age of 65 or those with acute medical conditions need a special flu vaccination available from a doctor or pharmacist These are NOT offered at the onsite Flu vaccinations. However, we will provide a refund for these vaccinations, so they are still free of charge.
- Your vaccination will be recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). Click here to find out more information on how the government manages information reported to the Register.
Do you need more information? Feel free to contact Lisa Bond, our BetterU Program Manager, at (02) 4348 7823 during business hours or email [email protected]