- 400g pumpkin, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock, salt-reduced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 70g feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
Roast pumpkin and pea risotto
Great for a mid-week evening meal, a tasty dish the whole family will love.
- Brush pumpkin with 1 tbs oil, and bake in hot oven, 200°C, until cooked through.
- Heat remaining oil in large non-stick saucepan; add onions and garlic and saute until onion has softened. Add rice and stir through until the rice has a glossy covering.
- Mix vegetable stock and water together. Add 1 cup of liquid and stir through until absorbed. Continue to add liquid in 1 cup portions, stirring and waiting until it has absorbed before adding next cup.
- Add pumpkin, peas and feta and mix through. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley to serve.
- Try adding a variety of other seasonal vegetables to create your own version of risotto.